domingo, 18 de janeiro de 2009

Just writing...

Greetings, my friends! Luciano reporting for duty!

I think I should say some thanks before I start writing about anything else. First of all, thanks to Jerry for his great comment. As Amanda must have told you, we're all very thankful. I'm not so sure if this weblog will be as creative and interesting as we expect it to be... but we'll give our best. Second, thanks Amanda, it was really great to read what you said about us. I know we are extremely important in your life and we're very proud of it, you can be sure, pretty girl (lol, what lack of modesty!). Actually I wouldn't expect less from you. Anyway... very nice text, and... well, you know we love you as much as you love us. We're such a beautiful family, lol! =D

Now on with the news. Err... do I have any? I don't think so. But well... I though that maybe it would be nice if I helped Amanda with her research for more information on our common past. The first days of our friendship (which will soon be 11 years old) are not so clear anymore. Unfortunately a child’s memory is not so good, and that is a pity since our best moments are surely those that have happened during our childhood. Still worse is the fact I can remember some sad events that took place when I was still a toddle. I’d rather not talk about them, or at least not now. Even though everyone says time is the best remedy for our deepest wounds, I don’t think some of these have been fully healed yet.

Ow, I must stop thinking of the past. Life is happening here and now, that is what matters indeed. I want more poetry in our lives. The power of poetry will set us free! I read somewhere a quite interesting text, and although I can’t remember the entire text, there was a good paragraph. It said ‘music, poetry and freedom. In the secret language of eternal happiness those three words make a perfect rhyme’. What should I say after that? Hm… since our most relevant principle is liberty, I guess it’s okay if I write some quick verses. I’m not an authentic poet, though. Besides, I write better in Portuguese, of course. Anyway, voilà:

Life is so short

So let’s make love
It’s the best sport
It takes you to the stars above

Do you think we could fly away
And find the path to the pleasure of the blue sky?
Yeah, now we have nothing else to say
Enjoy life, for we’ll never die

Okay, it’s kind of ridiculous. And it doesn’t even have a title! What a shame! I shouldn’t have tried to write anything, but it’s been born, and even though it is an ugly kid, I can’t kill it. I don’t kill poems (Amanda does, though. She’s a very cruel murderer; she burns every single thing she writes).

Writing is a very helpful way to forget all those unpleasant thoughts that invade your mind once in a while. ‘It’s a kind of magic’, lol. Sure it is, Mr Mercury. I was wondering if I should post some of my other poems, but I’ve decided that wouldn’t be a great idea. I mean, although I don’t kill them, I usually hide them under the blankets because nobody deserves to read such crap. That’s not a crime, you all must understand my situation.

Besides, it always feels good to break the rules and that’s something poetry allows you to do. That’s why it may set everyone free. Sometimes I can’t see what is the point of all those guys out there, fighting like fools, bombing innocent people’s houses, installing a useless quarrel and getting nothing at the end. Money has a loud voice inside their minds. I suppose that’s the best explanation.

Of course the green paper is important, but everyone should know by now that it isn’t all life is about. Okay, I won’t start scolding anyone, I’m a stupid 17 year-old guy. But I think we should all be aware of what truly matters in this life and… okay, would someone please tell me to shut up at once? I’ve never liked to hear that kind of speech, why am I saying the same thing now? Dumb me.

Okay, okay, I’m confused now. Let me just record a simple request. Maybe it won’t be heard by anyone and it’ll get lost amid the general noise that has been raised from the cries of desperate women and their children and also from the angry yells of those greedy men, fighting for earning more dollars. But please, stop to think of how many lives your greed has ruined and realize there’s something beyond words and money… it’s a gift you can get everyday from a child’s smile, a happy family walking together, or even a kiss from your girl. That is surely something all your money will never buy. Enough! I sounded like “make love and not war”, but that’s my point indeed. No one will read it anyway.
'Poetry reading', by Irene Sheri

That girl is surely having a nice time reading some poems... I envy her. I must confess it's been quite a while since I could have the opportunity to read good ones.
Ja, I'm tired. 'Consider going to bed, Luciano, it’s the best you can do now.' says a subtle, familiar voice inside my mind. Oh no, no, I still want to chat a bit with a few friends on msn.

So long!

Nenhum comentário: